Listed below are links to a variety of self-help support groups for people trying to recover from alcoholism, drug addiction, and compulsive gambling. These groups are not formally affiliated with nor specifically endorsed by SCS. Each, however, has been shown to be helpful for certain types of people seeking recovery help. As noted , some of these groups have online meetings available. SCS staff are available to discuss any addiction concerns you may have and to help you determine in what ways a support group might be helpful for you.
- Chicago Area Alcoholics Anonymous Website
- Online directory of AA meetings
- Online meetings
- You can use the online directory (above) to search for Young People's meetings of AA. There are several, including one in Hyde Park.
- Marijuana Anonymous Website
- Marijuana Anonymous online meeting directory
- Online MA Meetings
- New Hyde Park MA Meeting: Mondays, Noon to 1 PM in Room 019 of the Uncommon Room in Rockefeller Chapel, University of Chicago